Wednesday, February 6, 2013

There is no sense in trying to make sense of the absurdities of ife



So it's been a rough couple of days. Job applications are being rejected and the things that make the news these days aren't improving things. A few observations: Today there was a survey and the question was, " Who is the better parent, Honey Boo Boo's mother or Kim, Khloe and Kourtney's mom?  Did I miss the memo?   Was it National Stupid Question Day and no one told me?  To be fair, this was not placed in the hard news section but is this something anyone really thinks about?  And if they do, what else do they do to occupy their time?  If you are comparing Reality TV Moms, it is clearly a very slow news day.  There was even an article or two talking about what really made Mary Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie blind.  The poor girl has been dead for a very long time, what difference could it possibly make now.  Apparently someone pointed out that Scarlett Fever doesn't cause blindness like the author hypothesized.  Again, these people need to find something else to worry about.

Speaking of more random thoughts.....

The Super Bowl always amuses me.  The food statistics for this event are appalling.  I made a brief foray into the grocery store to pick up a few things on my way to an Un-Super Bowl party.  I swear you could smell the testosterone from the moment the automatic doors opened.  Men in football jersey's (from all teams not just the one's participating), were zooming around the store grabbing bags of chips and 12 packs of beer like they were being given away.  I thought maybe I'd walked in on one of those game shows where you have five minutes to load up your shopping cart and whoever has the most when the whistle blows gets to keep the spoils.  I was afraid someone was going to get hurt.   I'm not a sport fan in any way, but I do like to watch the highlights on the eleven o'clock news.  This way I can have a conversation with someone and not have to say, "Super Bowl...that's football right?"  People get that look on their face.  The one that says, "Poor dear, she doesn't get out much does she?" 

And further rambling...

When you start drinking wine at 1 PM with friends for a "special lunch", you can be sure you will not be getting anything done that day.  Particularly when the lunch and drinking last six hours.  I'm not exaggerating here.  Six hours of delightful food and conversation.  At least they tell me it was delightful.  I'm having a little difficulty reconstructing the day.  I wonder why?  I guess I wouldn't qualify for the Olympic drinking team.  Just going to have to buckle down and drink up.  Or is it buckle up and knock them back.  I'll figure it out not to worry.

One last random thought.  Well maybe more than one.  I generally have a short attention span, and it seems stress shortens it even more.  If I could count the number of times I have forgotten what I was doing I guess I wouldn't have forgotten what I was doing would I?  

The way I explain a short attention span or ADD for that matter is this: it’s like the little boy in the Family Circle comics.  The little boy is going to go next door but in the process he has to explore the entire neighborhood first.  He eventually finds his way back to the house next door but has used the most circuitous route imaginable.  That is how my brain is working these days.  I’m not getting much accomplished but I sure am walking around a lot!

2 comments:

  1. Another day of great insight! Love it! Thanks so much. You brighten my day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. I haven't been in the writing mood lately, but today I wrote two blogs. My writing is as unpredictable as my thought process.

      Delete