Thursday, December 27, 2012

And the Beat Goes On



So, of the many things I am learning about not having a job, time management is not something I thought would be a problem.  I'm very good about waking early, keeping my pattern of drinking coffee and checking the internet to see if the world ended while I was sleeping.  Now that I don't have to be out the door at 0630, I have discovered it is easy to spend a ridiculous amount of time on line.  I was more than just a little embarrassed to have the door bell ring at 1130 in the morning and be caught in my robe.  I did of course do the mature thing and pretend I wasn't home.  The only thing more embarrassing than being in your robe at 1130 is being CAUGHT in your robe at 1130.

My thought process at best is a non linear.  One could say I have an advanced case of Shiny Object Syndrome.  I start out looking at the various company job sites on line, then I see some advertisement and click on that.  One click leads to another, and then I forget what site I started out on and what the dickens I was doing to begin with.  The next thing you know the door bell rings and well, you get the picture.

So now I've figured out I need to make a list of the things I need to accomplish and cross them off.  Not a novel concept to most people, but completely alien to me.  Quite honestly, getting up and going to work took up a good amount of time.  Everything else I had to do just fit around it.  Now that looking for work is my new job, I'm going to have to give myself a little more structure.  So here is what I propose:  1) Get up by 0630 and drink some coffee.  2) After checking my list, cruise the jobs sites and check my email to see if there is any hint of interest in hiring me. 3) Take care of morning ablutions.  4) Spend an hour on Rosetta Stone (I just know I'm going to wake up speaking Spanish one day).

Got to go.  There are job sites to cruise, verbs to conjugate and trash to empty. Note to self: start list of what I want to be when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment